ELIZABETH BROUHA SENIOR SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
This special scholarship was named for Burklyn Arts Councilʼs founder, Elizabeth Brouha. Elizabeth was an enthusiastic supporter of the arts with a vision that has carried us through to today.
*This scholarship is for a graduating senior(s) who has demonstrated excellence in the arts, has been accepted at a college, and plans to major in the fine or performing arts.
*$1000 is available for scholarship purposes, based on the number of applicants.
Criteria for selection:
1. The student scholarship applicant will write a two-page essay on why he/she deserves the scholarship and how the scholarship will help in his/her goal of pursuing the arts in college and in the future.
2. Three letters of recommendation: one from an academic teacher, one from Career Services and one from a teacher from the field in which you plan to study in college.
3. A high school transcript with mid-year grades through the applicantʼs senior year.
4. A sample of artistʼs work (CDʼs, portfolios, photographs of work, etc...).
5. Completed Burklyn application.
NOTE: All confidential materials (ex. Transcripts) will be destroyed after Burklyn review.
Completed applications with supportive materials are due for review at our April 7, 2020 meeting. Winners will be announced at LIʼs award night prior to graduation. Payment will be sent directly to recipient in the name of the respective college, for the first semester of freshman year.